Spinal decompression is a non-surgical back pain treatment that involves stretching the spine using a traction table. The goal is to relieve spinal disc and nerve pressure to treat herniated discs, sciatica, and degenerative disc disease.
What Are the Benefits of Spinal Decompression?
Spinal decompression is a safe and effective alternative to surgery with several benefits:
- The therapy creates negative pressure in the spine, which helps to pull the disc back into place, reducing pressure on the nerves and relieving pain
- By stretching the spine, the therapy allows more room for the nerves to exit the spine, improving the range of motion in the back and reducing stiffness
- It’s non-invasive with no risk of complications associated with surgery, such as infection or bleeding
- The non-surgical therapy is also less expensive than surgery and does not require a lengthy recovery period
- Unlike pain medications, which can cause drowsiness, nausea, and other side effects, spinal decompression in Clearwater is a natural treatment that does not involve any drugs